IT Support (Winter 2019/20)
Niseko Resort is thriving international alpine destination. Famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet set clientele it is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, and spending your days off making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and all who we work with. We are looking for a passionate IT professional to become an important part of our team. Junior and experienced applicants are all welcome - any applicant with the required skill base and enthusiasm to learn will be favorably considered.
Fluent or business level Japanese will be required for this the role. HTM offers support for both english language and IT related studies. HTM encourages a healthy work-life balance in a beautiful mountain location. If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world we would love to hear from you.
Start date: 15 November 2019
Main responsibilities include;
1. IT systems operation management
- Helpdesk support for PC, Windows/Mac, software, network, printers, etc
- Building and configuring PCs/Macs
- User account management
- Communicating with 3rd party help desks in case of system trouble.
2. IT support for holiday guests
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues
- Simple IT troubleshooting support for guests
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic knowledge of IT, Networking, TCP/IP and Windows 10/MacOS Troubleshooting.
- Customer service skills to empathetically respond to end user inquiries and issues. A positive, flexible, hard-working attitude required.
- Communication skills to effectively relay technical concepts to telecommunication providers with diverse levels of knowledge and understanding.
- Motivation to learn
- Japanese Businesses level language skills required.
- Valid driving license for Japan or the ability to obtain an International Drivers Permit.
What you can learn in this role
- PowerShell, Bash, GAS, and SOE image creation/deployment.
- Configuration and management of Unix/Windows servers, firewalls, VPN, routers, AP's and switches.
- Server virtualization, administration.
- VOIP phone system configuration/deployment.
- Monitoring solutions for servers and Routers/AP.
- VPN configurations and management.
- GSuite Management
- Seasonal contract from 15 November 2019 to 14 April 2020, with the ability to extend to an ongoing contract for the right candidate.
- ¥1,200 per hour, plus a Grand Hirafu Season Lift Pass
- Working hours average 40 hours / week (8 hours x 5 days shift)
- Staff accommodation available for rent
- Free ski or snowboard lessons
- Visa sponsorship for eligible applicants
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Professional work environment
- Staff discounts across all HTM provided services