Ki Niseko - An Dining Front of House Manager: ¥4.2 - 5.2mApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food services professional to manage the Front of House at Kumo Restaurant and Skye Cafe & Deli. The Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth daily operations of the Front of House area of Kumo Restaurant year-round by managing the front of house team to ensure service standards are maintained and exceeded.
The FOH Manager will be in charge of the day to day running of the guest facing areas which will include duties such as reservation, sales and register system management, staff rostering, training and performance and the ongoing management and updating of operating policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM's position as market leader in Niseko.
Start date: April 2023 (flexible)
The duties of the Front of House Manager will include but not be limited to;
- Contribute to the development of operating policies and procedures by monitoring the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures and recommending changes to improve team performance.
- Provide the front of house team with the skills and knowledge required to deliver excellent service at brand and concept standards to international/domestic guests through the preparation and delivering of effective training sessions.
- Ensure the effective operation of the front of house team by monitoring individual performance, acknowledging achievements, disciplining and recommending improvements.
- Ensure appropriate planning of staff roster inline with operating reports (number of reservations etc.)
- Ensure an effective knowledge of Restaurant operations is maintained by updating operation logs, procedures and memos, transferring all necessary information from shift to shift and conducting team briefings, meetings and training sessions.
- Resolve any guest complaints when necessary and consult with the Food and Beverage Manager regarding resolutions including service recovery.
- Management of emails and the delegation of tasks to Restaurant Supervisors and Staff.
- Ensure inventory of supplies is kept at efficient levels and wastage is minimised.
- Work closely with the head chef to ensure smooth services for all guests.
- Ensure reservations, POS and website are in accurate order and up to date.
- Ensure the front of house work area is clean and clear of hazards and adhering to all health, safety and sanitation requirements.
- Complete as necessary incident reporting on all major issues or occupational health and safety matters, major guest complaints/issues and significant damage or breakages.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience of a restaurant management role at hotel restaurant for a minimum of 2 years.
- Business level Japanese and English language ability to professionally and courteously respond to a culturally diverse range of customers.
- Ability and experience of leading, managing and motivating a multi-cultural team of seasonal and year-round staff.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Sound working knowledge of wine, bar and barista areas along with restaurant floor service.
- Ability to handle difficult queries and customers in a calm and positive manner.
- Able to prioritise and organise work independently to meet deadlines.
- Able to up-sell the Restaurant & Cafe/Deli menu items.
- Strong computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: Ongoing full time year round
Annual Salary: ¥4,200,000 to ¥5,200,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan - An Dining (in Ki Niseko)
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Staff meal provided
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Extra day off when working public holidays