Staff Accommodation Driver (Winter 2019/20)
HTM, the largest independent property management company in Niseko, Hokkaido, is looking for Staff Accommodation Drivers to provide transport services between Kutchan and Hirafu for our staff.
HTM is one of the largest employers of seasonal staff in Niseko; This winter we will have over 800 staff working within our eleven brands (Niseko Central, Ki Niseko, Skye Niseko, Kumo, Ryko Spa, Sky Express, Sprint Taxi, YamaSport, FoodWork, Experience Niseko and GoSnow) and living in our subsidised staff accommodations, which are located in both Niseko-Hirafu village area and in Kutchan town.
The Staff Accommodation Driver will provide safe, responsible and timely transportation between Kutchan and Hirafu for all HTM staff.
Start Date: 16 November, 2019
¥1,600 per hour + Free Hirafu Accommodation
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is what you would generally be doing:
- Drive the bus on a set schedule between the staff accommodations in Kutchan and the Niseko-Hirafu resort
- Take on some additional duties as directed by the Staff Accommodation Supervisor (e.g. restocking supplies, minor maintenance)
- Assist in providing shuttle services for Niseko Central, Skye Niseko and Ki Niseko guests on occasion
- International Driving Permit with category D stamp (higher than a standard driving licence required ( Australia: MR, NZ: class 2 or above). Check your local International Driving Permit issuing body, usually Post Offices, for more details) or
- Japanese driving licence with ogata or higher endorsement
- Reliable, punctual person, confident in their driving skills
- Winter & on-snow driving experience with passenger-carrying vehicles
What you'll be driving:
Large buses, between 29-72 in capacity. The two shuttle buses are the size of your typical city transport bus. Drivers must be confident to drive large vehicles within tight areas.
16 November 2019 to 08 April 2020
There might be flexibility on start and finish dates. If unsure please apply and we will be in contact with you.
Work hours: 32 to 40 hours per week. Driving shifts start as early as 6am and finish as late as 12:30am. Night shifts mean morning powder riding time!
- ¥1,600 per hour with free accommodation in Hirafu or ¥2,000 per hour if you do not require accommodation
- 25% overtime rate for over hours worked over the prescribed working hours in a pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for hours worked between 10pm and 5am
Staff Accommodation: Free accommodation in Hirafu
Lift Passes - Your choice of either: A free Grand Hirafu season lift pass, or it can be upgraded to an All-Mountain pass.
Bi-monthly pay: Receive your pay every 2 weeks! Most companies pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Free Ski & Snowboard lessons & workshops: Free ski/snowboard group lessons (availability dependent).
If this roles sounds like something you may be suitable for but are not sure if you qualify, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to discuss with you.