Staff Accommodation Driver (Winter 2019/20)
HTM, the largest independent property management company in Niseko, Hokkaido, is looking for a Staff Accommodation Driver to provide transport services to and from the Niseko-Hirafu resort area for our seasonal staff living in Kutchan.
HTM is one of the largest employers of seasonal staff in Niseko; This winter we will have over 800 staff working within our eight brands (Niseko Central, Ki Niseko, Skye Niseko, Kumo, Sky Express, Sprint Taxi, Yama Sports and GoSnow) and living in our subsidised staff accommodations, which are located in both Niseko-Hirafu village area and in Kutchan town, ranging in size from 2 bedroom apartments for 4 people to a 22 room share house for 40 people.
The Staff Accommodation Driver will provide safe, responsible and timely transportation to and from the Niseko-Hirafu resort area for staff living in Kutchan in a bus.
Start Date: Mid November, 2019
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is what you would generally be doing:
- Drive the bus on a set schedule between the staff accommodations in Kutchan and the Niseko-Hirafu resort
- Take on some additional duties as directed by the Staff Accommodation Supervisor (e.g. restocking supplies, minor maintenance)
- Assist in providing shuttle services for Niseko Central, Skye Niseko and Ki Niseko guests on occasion
- International Driving Permit with category D stamp (higher than a standard driving licence required ( Australia: MR, NZ: class 2 or above). Check your local International Driving Permit issuing body, usually Post Offices, for more details) or
- Japanese driving licence with ogata or higher endorsement
- Reliable, punctual person, confident in their driving skills
- Winter & on-snow driving experience with passenger-carrying vehicles
What you'll be driving:
Large buses, between 29-72 in capacity.
Mid November 2019 to mid April 2020 or
Late November 2019 to early April 2020
There might be flexibility on start and finish dates. If unsure please apply and we will be in contact with you.
Work hours: 32 to 40 hours per week. Driving shifts start as early as 6am and finish as late as 12:30am. Night shifts mean morning powder!
This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks
where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during
the start and ends of the season.
- ¥1,500 - ¥1,600 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- 25% overtime rate for over hours worked over the prescribed working hours in a pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for hours worked between 10pm and 5am
Staff Accommodation: Accommodation available in Kutchan/ Hirafu and is subsidized to bring you housing at an affordable price!
Lift Passes - Your choice of either: A free Grand Hirafu season lift pass, or it can be upgraded to an All-Mountain pass.
Bi-monthly pay: Receive your pay every 2 weeks! Most companies pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Free Ski & Snowboard lessons & workshops: Free ski/snowboard group lessons (availability dependent).