Guest Services Manager – GoSnowApply Now
Niseko Resort is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with.
If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
GoSnow is the largest international Snow Sports School in Japan providing lessons in English to international visitors. GoSnow is part of the Hokkaido Tourism Management (HTM KK) group operating in Hirafu-Niseko. GoSnow will has 330 staff in winter 2019/20 and a Guest Services team of reservations and counter staff of 15-20.
Department Operations and Management
- Lead the provision of guest services that deliver on the brand promise to guests and further enhances GoSnow’s market position and reputation while contributing to organisational profitability.
- Oversee the implementation, communication and monitoring of departmental operating plans, agreed budgets, key performance indicators, systems, policies, procedures and service standards for the Guest Services Team.
- Help to safeguard GoSnow’s future in relation to external market changes, developments or opportunities by recommending changes or enhancements to services and operations.
- Contribute to the timely and effective resolution of referred and escalated issues to the satisfaction of all parties by providing direction, support and/or coaching to team members or directly taking ownership if required.
Develop and promote local and international partnerships with agents who book GoSnow services to increase sales and add value:
identifying and promoting effective campaigns which will increase sales.
overseeing the monitoring of performance and relationship development;
facilitating the resolution of escalated issues where required.
Bookings Systems Performance
Optimise performance and return on investment from the Bookings System by:
maintaining own system knowledge and proficiency
provide system training
providing feedback on system performance and identifying and referring issues and/or reports for further development
In conjunction with the Scheduler, ensure that instructors are staffed to the optimum levels to ensure that the business meets sales targets.
Communicate sales trends and demand to the Scheduler & Manager so the seasonal sales plan can be adjusted accordingly.
Ensure appropriate planning for all shift types according to business need and budgeting targets. Review and approve all timesheets in the GS department.
Provide for the efficient and effective management of the shift through the management of the GS Supervisors and Japanese Liaison staff.
Contribute to the development of operating policies and procedures by monitoring the effectiveness of existing policies and procedures and recommending changes to improve team performance.
Prepare the seasonal GS Team, Japanese Liaisons and Guest Services Supervisors by creating and delivering training sessions that equip the team to provide exceptional and efficient services to our guests.
Ensure the effective operation of the Guest Services team, Japanese Liaison’s and Guest Services Supervisors by monitoring individual performance, acknowledging achievements, conducting performance appraisals and recommending improvements.
Ensure an effective knowledge of GoSnow operations is maintained by updating the duty shift report and memos, transferring all necessary information from shift to shift and conducting team briefings, meetings and training sessions.
Complete as necessary incident reporting on all major issues
Guest Services Sales & Bookings
Collaborate with managers to come to fair customer resolutions.
Liaise with the GoSnow Manager, Base Operations Managers and Snowsports Director to ensure all reasons for product/service failure have been communicated and appropriate action/changes can be made.
Increase the sale of GoSnow lessons by actively promoting and selling the services and products activities offered GoSnow.
Ensure all website details are up-to-date and accurate for all areas designated as being responsible for.
- Ensure emails are answered using approved templates and information documents within our standard response times.
- Ensuring last minute bookings and enquires are expedited.
- Management of TripAdvisor and Google Reviews – ensure that responses are drafted and submitted to the GoSnow Manager for approval in a timely manner
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Customer service skills and experience.
- Team management, recruitment and training skills and experience.
- Office management skills and experience.
- Operational system and documentation setup and operation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment at peak times.
- Ability to work accurately and professionally to deadlines and targets.
- Ability to learn and understand business and resort facilities, services and tourist information relevant to Niseko.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite (essential) and Property Management Systems (desirable).
- Ability to resolve conflicts and complaints in a professional manner in line with our core values.
- High levels of organisation skills, an ability to multi task and effectively manage priorities.
- Proven experience and ability to manage a high pressure environment with peak periods of service.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Japanese spoken (desirable).
- International Drivers Permit or Japanese Driver Licence
- Experience of working and living in Niseko or Japan.
- Snow sports school experience - Instructing background is favorable.
- Retail/Sales experience and ability to train staff to up-sell lesson bookings.
- Ski resort experience.
- Japanese language skills.
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full Time
Contract Value: ¥3,700,000 to ¥4,000,000 (including public holiday payments and a lift pass)
Location: Hirafu village - Niseko, Japan
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- 9 hours per day (1 hour break)
- 119 days off per year
- 10 days annual leave after 6 months of joining the company
- Staff accommodation available for rent
- Free ski or snowboard lessons
- Visa sponsorship
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Professional work environment
- Staff benefits package
Start date: June 2020