International Marketing Assistant (Winter 2019/20)
Are you a social media superstar that lives and breathes digital content? Are you ready to capture and create daily posts and share Niseko with the world? If yes, then this is for you!
This is an opportunity for an entry level applicant to gain experience in the Marketing industry and help us to shape the marketing impact of our various brands.
We are looking for someone with strong English, and ideally Japanese, language skills who has experience in social media and digital marketing. Experience in the travel or hospitality industry in a marketing, media or design role would be preferred.
Digital Marketing - The International Marketing Assistant will help updated content on websites; Ki Niseko, GoSnow, Niseko Central, SkyExpress and all HTM brands. Helping to keep those websites up to date and to drive interest in our brands. The position includes publishing blog articles and Electronic Direct Mailouts for the Skye Niseko, Ki Niseko, GoSnow, Niseko Central, SkyExpress, Experience Niseko and HTM brands.
Social Media - The International Marketing Assistant will update Social Media for all HTM brands. Respond to Comments, Messages and Reviews
Physical Media - The International Marketing Assistant will coordinate design and production of brochures and printed marketing collateral by liaising with internal client, designers and producers. Copy writing will be provided by the International Marketing Assistant both in English, and ideally Japanese, where required (including article writing for Experience Niseko magazine). The maintenance of records of physical media files and ordering will also be performed by the International Marketing Assistant
Influencers - The International Marketing Assistant will assist in coordination of influencer and partner visits and collaborations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Well-developed English, and preferably Japanese, written communication skills that facilitate clear and effective marketing.
- Japanese language ability a bonus.
- An active and passionate user of social media essential with experience managing corporate accounts.
- A tech-savvy person with an interest in online media and digital trends.
- Experience with online writing preferred.
- Positive attitude and willingness to be flexible.
- Able to prioritise and organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines.
- Demonstrates high levels of accuracy when promoting the company’s brands through online media.
- Able to work as part of a team in order to effectively share and complete tasks and provide service coverage where required.
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite, social media skills (essential), design skills (preferred).
- An interest in web design and user experience.
- Passionate about the ski industry and/or tourism.
- Knowledge of HTM products/services and Niseko.
- ¥1,200 - ¥1,300 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- 25% overtime rate.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- 11 Nov 2019 to 24 Apr 2020
- Guaranteed work until end of contract, with the potential to extend pending work availability
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price!
- Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit various budgets
Lift Passes - Your choice of either:
- A Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass
- Most companies will give staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes, these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days! Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for HTM means your pass can live in your snowboard jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay to upgrade your pass to cover All Mountain at cost!
- To keep everything fair, for those of you who don't want a lift pass you will be offered instead a ¥20,000 payment to offset the subsidisation those taking lift passes receive
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks!
- Most companies pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season
Free ski or Snowboard lessons
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons (availability dependent)