Kumo Restaurant and Deli Assistant ManagerApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food services professional to support the Manager in the setup up and daily running of the restaurant and the deli. The Assistant Manager will take on duty management responsibilities when the Manager is away. The Assistant Manager position facilitates the running of the food and beverage outlets at Skye Niseko and is integral to its running. This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to move their career forward.
Skye Niseko (to be completed in 2018) will be Niseko-Hirafu's premier independent hotel. Skye Niseko is a luxury development with 105 guest suites with a capacity of 460+ guests and includes both Kumo Restaurant and Skye Niseko's Deli. Offsite in Kutchan the production kitchen will deliver some of the catering needs to Kumo and Skye Niseko as well as some of HTM's other brands (such as lunches for GoSnow's children's lessons).
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM's position as market leader in Niseko.
Start date: Negotiable
- Purchase and receive from suppliers and Central Kitchen
- Operation and Cost Communication with Central Kitchen
- Manage beverage and supplies cost
- Food and Beverage Stock Take
- Inventory and Product Loss
- Manage Staff Rosters
- Daily sales and register management
- Invoice management
- Advertising and marketing content
- Maintain High Guest Service Standards
- Upkeep sanitation and safety standards
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Over 2 years’ experience of at least supervisor of large restaurant
- Language skills: High level Japanese and high level English required
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office, PMS, POS
- Valid driving licence
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Natural team-leader with proven experience solving problems in a team environment
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
- Shows high levels attention to detail and ability to organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Annual Salary: from 3 to 4 million yen (including lift pass), depending on experience and language abilities.
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5 x 8 hour shifts, shift times vary by season)