Restaurant Front of House Supervisor: ¥3.7 - 4.1mApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food services professional to supervise the Kumo and/or An Dining Front of House. The Supervisor will be in charge of the day to day supervision of the front of house area which will include duties such as reservation, sales and register management, staff rostering, training and performance and the implementation and ongoing management of operating policies and procedures. Restaurant Front of House Supervisor will be an essential role, delivering the guest facing vision of the restaurant.
Starting Date: April 2023 (flexible)
- Ensure appropriate planning for the shift is carried out by reviewing reservation numbers and requests and assigning FOH staff to specific tasks and adjust shift hours according to business requirements.
- Provide for the efficient and effective management of the shift.
- Provide the FOH team with the skills and knowledge required to deliver service standards through the preparation and delivering of effective training sessions.
- Ensure the effective operation of the FOH team by monitoring individual performance, acknowledging achievements and recommending improvements.
- Lead a daily staff briefing at the start of each shift.
- Ensure FOH staff on shift maintain the company uniform, personal presentation, time keeping and restaurant process and policy requirements.
Floor and Restaurant Operations
- Oversee the appropriate preparation and presentation of each day’s operations of the FOH area by ensuring staff complete all tasks and setups in accordance with checklists relevant to the season.
- Resolve customer complaints and operational problems that are referred by staff by investigating the issues and negotiating/creating a satisfactory solution with the appropriate parties.
- Provide back-up and shift relief by carrying out the full range of tasks assigned to other FOH staff (refer position statements) to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Ensure an effective knowledge FOH operations is maintained by updating operation logs, shift reports, transferring all necessary information from shift to shift and conducting team briefings, meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure the FOH work area is clean and clear of hazards.
- Complete as necessary incident reporting on all major issues or occupational health and safety matters, major Guest complaints/issues and significant damage or breakages.
- Contribute to the development of operating policies and procedures by monitoring the effectiveness of existing FOH policies and procedures and recommending changes to improve team performance.
- Assist the FOH with planning for smooth event operations.
- Ensure reservation requests are answered accurately in a timely manner.
- Complete all required stocktakes, inventory checks and orders.
- Assist the FOH Manager with POS/Reservations systems updates and system maintenance.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- A sound working knowledge of HTM policies, operating procedures and service standards.
- Customer service skills and telephone manner to professionally and courteously respond to a culturally diverse range of customers.
- Ability to handle difficult queries and customers in a calm and positive manner.
- Cash & credit card handling and reconciliation skills for the accurately processing of cash float.
- Team management skills to effectively oversee the activities of the FOH team.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate level English and native level Japanese required. Bilingual in Japanese/English spoken desirable.
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Contract Value: ¥3,700,000 to ¥4,100,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan - An Dining (in Ki Niseko) or Kumo Restaurant (in Skye Niseko)
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Extra day off when working public holidays