Restaurant Sous ChefApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food services professional to Sous Chef in Kumo Restaurant and An Dining. The Sous Chef will assists the Head Chef in running the Kitchen for Skye Niseko's Kumo Restaurant and Ki Niseko's An Dining. This is an essential role in the management of operations and the delivery of amazing food from Kumo Restaurant and An Dining.
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM's position as market leader in Niseko.
Start date: October 1st.
- For both the pre-opening and on a daily basis, assist in the food planning and operation of Kumo Restaurant
- Assist the Head Chef in purchasing and receiving for Kumo Restaurant
- Actively cook and assist staff in all kitchen stations
- Help with menu development with the Head Chef
- Oversee cost control of operations
- Ensure food quality control
- Ensure sanitation & safety to meet any applicable law or regulation
- Garbage Management to ensure in line with Kutchan town guidelines
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Sous Chef experience desired
- Language skills: Japanese native or English fluency with basic Japanese
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Natural team-leader with proven experience solving problems in a team environment
- Understanding on how to successful operate a kitchen in order to deliver the required covers
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
- Shows high levels attention to detail and ability to organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Annual Salary: from 3.6 to 4.2 million yen (including lift pass), depending on experience and language abilities.
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5 x 8 hour shifts, shift times vary by season)
Starting Date: Available now