HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced Photographer/Videographer to join our Marketing team.
The Photographer/Videographer will be responsible for creating and cataloging content for a high-quality library of images and video for use in promoting the company’s brands. He/she will support the marketing team by contributing to content strategy in order to achieve specific objectives.
Photography and Videography
- Build a portfolio of images for use in promoting the company’s brands including Ki Niseko, Niseko Central, GoSnow, Experience Niseko and HTM
- Cover all marketing and community events as required
- Plan, shoot and edit video content for all brands
- Regularly contributes to, and generates new and innovative image, video and content ideas
- Delivers all images/video to a high standard to the agreed deadline
- Provides retouching/editing on general company images where required
- Represent the company in the best possible light in all guest and community events
File Cataloging and Equipment Maintenance
- Responsible for file naming and organisation of all image/video files produced as directed
- Archives and maintains image/video library as per image library requirements
- Assists in the organisation and classification of the company’s media library as required
- Maintains upkeep of camera/technical equipment to ensure good operational condition
- Responsible to manage and back-up own data and files.
Digital Marketing Assistance
- Contributes to the company’s social media including posts on Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo
- Plan and write articles for the company’s blogs as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Well-developed photography, video, and editing skills.
- Experience in shooting and editing images and video on a daily deadline basis.
- Commercially-focused and understands how to ‘sell’ via an image
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player.
- Confident in directing people on shoot and can work autonomously.
- Adaptable, “can-do” attitude and is flexible in work hours to meet required coverage.
- Able to prioritise and time manage own work to achieve objectives and deadlines.
- Flexibility in taking a variety of images from candid, social media images to high-quality brand images.
- Well-developed written verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite (essential), Adobe Photoshop skills (essential), Video editing skills (essential), familiar with Adobe Suite programs Indesign, Illustrator (preferred)
- A tech-savvy person with an interest in online media and digital trends.
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Experience using company social media (preferred) and writing ability (preferred).
- Detailed knowledge of HTM products and services.
- Experience shooting property and nature/lifestyle (advantageous)
- Ability to ski or snowboard (essential)
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: year round
Employment Status: 12 months full time contract.
Annual Salary: 3.5 to 5 million yen (includes Free all-mountain lift pass or ¥100,000), depending on experience and language skills.
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5x 8 hour shifts)
- Staff accommodation available for rent
- Free ski or snowboard lessons
- Visa sponsorship
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Professional work environment
- Staff benefits package