Videographer / Photographer (Winter 2019/20)Apply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced Videographer/Photographer to join our Marketing team this winter
The Videographer/Photographer will be responsible for creating and cataloging content for a high-quality library of images and videos for use in promoting the company’s brands. He/she will support the marketing team by contributing to content strategy in order to achieve specific objectives.
Please note: you will be expected to bring your own photography equipment
- Plan, shoot and edit video content for all brands including Experience Niseko, Skye Niseko, Ki Niseko and GoSnow
- In partnership with marketing department colleagues, take control of all material posted to the Experience Niseko social media channels and website
- Regularly contribute to, and generate new and innovative image, video and content ideas
- Cover all marketing and community events as required
- Deliver all images and videos to a high standard to the agreed deadline
- Provide retouching/editing on general company images where required
- Represent the company in the best possible light in all guest and community events
File Cataloging and Equipment Maintenance
- Responsible for file naming and organisation of all image/video files produced as directed
- Archive and maintain image/video library as per image library requirements
- Assist in the organisation and classification of the company’s media library as required
- Maintain upkeep of camera/technical equipment to ensure good operational condition
- Responsible to manage and back-up own data and files.
Digital Marketing Assistance
- Contribute to the company’s social media including posts on Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo
- Plan and write articles for the company’s blogs as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Well-developed photography, video and editing skills.
- Experience in shooting and editing images and video on a daily deadline basis
- Commercially-focused and understands how to ‘sell’ via a still and moving image
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be a team player
- Confident in directing people on shoot and can work autonomously
- Adaptable, “can-do” attitude and is flexible in work hours to meet required coverage
- Able to prioritise and time manage own work to achieve objectives and deadlines
- Flexibility in taking a variety of images from candid, social media images to high-quality brand images
- Well-developed written, verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrates high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite (essential), Adobe Photoshop skills (essential), Video editing skills (essential), familiar with Adobe Suite programs Indesign, Illustrator (preferred)
- A tech-savvy person with an interest in online media and digital trends
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Experience using company social media (preferred) and writing ability (preferred)
- Detailed knowledge of HTM products and services
- Experience shooting property and nature/lifestyle (advantageous)
- Ability to ski or snowboard (essential)
Employment Package Details
・12 November 2019 to 19 Apr 2020
・Average 40 hours per week
・1,500 to 1,900 yen per hour dependent on experience and skills.
・Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
・Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free All Mountain season lift pass is offered.
・Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
・Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
・Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)