HTM - Reservations and Sales Manager: ¥4.5 - 6.0m
Niseko Resort is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with.
If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
The position will lead the Reservations team in achieving accommodation sales targets through: the provision of informed, accurate and friendly sales and service to Guests; management of rates, discounts and the International and Domestic Reservations staff; sales and marketing promotions; and maintaining strong relationships with travel agents.
Start date: Mar 2024 (flexible)
Reservations Team Management:
- Provide initial and ongoing training to optimise the sales conversion rates and minimize the error rates of the Reservations Consultants. Training should cover Reservations systems processes, relevant HTM and Niseko information, effective sales and communication techniques, and other as appropriate.
- Increase booking conversion by providing effective inbound sales scripts and templates.
- Assist the Reservations Consultants with problem solving. Take on and solve escalated issues where necessary.
- Through leadership, motivation and enablement, ensure that the Reservations Consultants:
- Deliver a professional standard of telephone and e-mail sales and service by responding to all inbound enquiries within 24 hours.
- Issue comprehensive and accurate quotes to potential guests by understanding their needs and effectively matching them to HTM products.
- Maximise the conversion of agent and direct enquiries to sales by proactively making follow-up calls and soliciting bookings.
- Give feedback on rates and discounting to optimise occupancy and revenue.
- Manage availability (particularly for OTAs) to maximise occupancy and revenue while avoiding overbooking.
- Ensure that occupancy and revenue are evenly distributed between property Owners as much as possible.
Sales and Marketing
- Work with the Marketing team to create discounts and special offers that will encourage bookings without jeopardising revenue targets.
- Work with the Marketing team to promote accommodations, stay benefits, discounts, special offers and packages, in order to maximize occupancy and revenue.
- Work with the Marketing team to create attractive packages that will encourage bookings and are practically deliverable by HTM (and our third-party suppliers).
Third-Party Booking Agents
- Maintain positive working relationships with travel agents, wholesalers and online travel agents (OTAs).
- Distribute information to third-party booking agents regarding accommodations, rates, discounts and special offers as appropriate.
- Recontract with third-party booking agents each year. Contract with new third-party booking agents to the benefit of HTM.
- Maintain accommodation and package information on HTM and third-party websites, ensuring that information is accurate while presenting accommodations and packages in an attractive manner.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience in Reservations or Sales.
- Experience with hotels and revenue management (preferred).
- Experience managing a team (preferred).
- Experience in the Niseko area (advantage).
- Business-level English (required) with advanced communication skills (written and spoken).
- Japanese language ability (advantage).
- Able to train, lead, motivate and enable a team to produce the best possible sales results.
- Able to prioritise and organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite (required) with reservations systems experience (preferred).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Employment Package Details
Employment Status: Ongoing contract with visa sponsorship available
Contract Value: ¥4,500,000 to ¥6,000,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy