Room Inspector (Winter 2019/20)
The Room Inspectors role will be to attend HTM managed properties across the Hirafu village after the guests depart to:
- inspect the room to ensure it has been left in a suitable condition
- check for any damage
- if damage is found, check against our database to see if it is the result of the departing guest
- log damage reports and communicate with Guest Services Team
Between the inspectors a maximum of around 70 rooms will be inspected in a day, with numbers more typically around 20 to 30.
Inspectors will be responsible for ensuring all rooms requiring inspections within the day, are inspected within a certain time period to ensure incoming guests are not impacted by time delays.
- ¥1,200 - ¥1,300 per hour (commensurate with experience)
- 25% overtime rate.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- 05 December 2019 to 05 March 2020
- Guaranteed work until end of contract, with the potential to extend pending work availability
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price!
- Twin shares (doubles for couples), triple or quad shares in a range of locations to suit various budgets
Lift Passes - Your choice of either:
- A Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass
- Most companies will give staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes, these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days! Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Niseko Central means your pass can live in your snowboard jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay to upgrade your pass to cover All Mountain at cost!
- To keep everything fair, for those of you who don't want a lift pass you will be offered instead a ¥20,000 payment to offset the subsidisation those taking lift passes receive
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks!
- Most companies pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season
Free ski or Snowboard lessons
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons (availability dependent)