Staff Accommodation Assistant (Winter 2020/21)
This position is now full for the 2019/20 season.
HTM has quickly become one of the largest accommodation providers in the Hirafu village with over 650 beds available to our seasonal staff, varying across large hostel accommodations, to small one and two bedroom apartments. In addition to the accommodation, a Shuttle bus service is provided to all HTM staff to ensure they are able to travel between Hirafu and Kutchan for work and personal time.
HTM is looking for a Staff Accommodation Assistant to join our team this winter, with a potential to stay on year round. The role will include but not be limited to;
- Assist with the pre-season set up of accommodation.
- Deliver supplies across accommodations.
- Inspect maintenance issues and liaise with relevant people to repair, as per guidelines.
- Respond to call outs for maintenance problems, noise complaints, lock outs,ect.
- Provide cover for the shuttle service and Staff Accom team when needed.
- Assist the teams snow clearer with clearing the team vehicles in the morning and clearing snow around properties.
- Daily inspections of properties, rubbish stations and shuttle stops.
- Assist with admin office tasks such as emails, filling, data entry, rent payments.
- Regular Bus Conductor Shifts (check that passengers are carrying bus passes).
- ¥1,200 - ¥1,300 per hour (depending on driver's licence).
- Work will be carried out across a 7 day rotating roster with shifts between 5.30am and 9pm.
- 25% overtime paid for hours worked over the prescribed working hours.
- Position will start on October 2020 and will run until April 2021. The ability to be available for this entire period is crucial!
- A Japanese drivers license or International Drivers Permit
- Willingness to work and see the job done right, no matter the situation.
- Ability to work in all conditions (indoors and outdoors in snow and rain)
- Not be afraid to say no with staff in our accommodation
- Ability to work autonomously and look for ways for things to be improved.
- A desire to see your fellow staff have a great time in Niseko!
- Happy to work inside an office all day but also work outside doing manual task such as snow clearing, cleaning of buildings and moving of furniture.
- Free Grand Hirafu lift pass and option to upgrade to All Mountain at cost
- Receive pay every 2 weeks
- Free ski or Snowboard lessons & workshops
- Cost price on any service booked for guests
- The option to be sponsored and extended to a year round position.