Kumo Restaurant BaristaApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven Barista to deliver great coffee and exceptional service to our guests at Kumo.
Skye Niseko, is a full-service, ski-in ski-out, condominium hotel in the premier location in the resort. Opened winter 2018, the hotel comprises 105 apartments and penthouses complemented by stunning mountain vistas, situated by the ski-slopes at the top of Hirafu Village. Skye Niseko houses both Kumo Restaurant and Skye Niseko's Deli. Offsite in Kutchan FoodWork (our production kitchen) delivers some of Kumo's catering needs and catering to some of HTM's other brands (such as lunches for GoSnow's children's lessons).
Kumo Restaurant serves Japanese soul-food by day, and is a dazzling Hokkaido izakaya by night. Kumo Restaurant is grounded on signature Hokkaido ingredients like legendary Rusutsu Pork and seafood from the coastal waters of Otaru and Hakodate. With 190 seats, daily happy hour specials and a Tatami room for private dining, Kumo Restaurant is Niseko's place to eat, drink and enjoy.
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM's position as market leader in Niseko.
Start date: Summer, 2019
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest
- Efficient payment processing
- Barista style coffee preparation and service
- Prepare or serve any baked items
- Preparing coffee and bakery items for guest take out
- Educate guests on a variety of beverages and their preparation
- Handling a variety of drinks during peak business hours
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience working as a barista
- POS & register knowledge
- Sales experience
- Fluent English or Native Japanese with basic English
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Contract Value: ¥2,800,000 to ¥3,400,000 (including public holiday payments and ¥100,000 for lift pass)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5 x 8 hour shifts, shift times vary by season)
Starting Date: Summer, 2019
Staff Accommodation: available