Kumo Restaurant Chef de Partie and CookApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food service professional to work as either Kumo Chef de Partie or Cook, ensuring the delivery of service at Skye Niseko's Restaurant, Kumo. The delivery of a successful daily service is vital to delivering exceptional overall experience the guests that stay at Skye Niseko.
Skye Niseko, is a full-service, ski-in ski-out, condominium hotel in the premier location in the resort. Opened winter 2018, the hotel comprises 105 apartments and penthouses complemented by stunning mountain vistas, situated by the ski-slopes at the top of Hirafu Village. Skye Niseko houses both Kumo Restaurant and Skye Niseko's Deli. Offsite in Kutchan FoodWork (our production kitchen) delivers some of Kumo's catering needs and catering to some of HTM's other brands (such as lunches for GoSnow's children's lessons).
Kumo Restaurant serves Japanese soul-food by day, and is a dazzling Hokkaido izakaya by night. Kumo Restaurant is grounded on signature Hokkaido ingredients like legendary Rusutsu Pork and seafood from the coastal waters of Otaru and Hakodate. With 190 seats, daily happy hour specials and a Tatami room for private dining, Kumo Restaurant is Niseko's place to eat, drink and enjoy.
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM's position as market leader in Niseko
Start date: Summer, 2019
- Hands on food preparation and cooking at a workstation
- Together with the team cooking an ‘a la carte’ menu for 200 covers
- Maintaining communication with Chef on food orders
- Prepare dishes according to our concept
- Creating ‘specials’ with Chef
- Maintaining a sanitary and neatly arranged workstation
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience working as a line cook or as a preparation cook
- Understands how a successfully kitchen operates
- Fluent English or Native Japanese with basic English
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Team-worker with ability to work under high pressure business hours
- Punctual individual
- Shows high levels of attention to detail
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Contract Value: ¥2,900,000 to ¥3,500,000 (including public holiday payments and ¥100,000 for lift pass)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
- 40 hours per week.
- 119 days off per year.
- 10 days annual leave after 6 months of joining the company.
- Health, Social, and Employment Insurance.
- Staff accommodation is available at an affordable price.
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons (availability dependent)
- Ski/snowboard rental at discounted rate
- Free meal and coffee provided while on shift
Starting Date: Summer, 2019
Note: Please include a photograph of yourself with your resume