Skye Niseko Front Desk Manager: ¥4.5 - 5.1mApply Now
Skye Niseko is a full-service, ski-ski-out, condominium hotel in the premier location in the resort. Opening winter 2018, the hotel comprises 105 apartments and penthouses complemented by stunning mountain vistas, situated by the ski-slopes at the top of Hirafu Village. Featuring an 160-seat restaurant, apres-ski bar, delicatessen & café, onsen, gym, wellness spa and retail, Skye Niseko takes Niseko’s resort accommodation to new heights.
Niseko Resort is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with. If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
Start date: April 2023 (flexible)
Divisional, Operations and Management
- Oversee the development, review, implementation, communication and monitoring of departmental operating plans, agreed budgets, key performance indicators, systems, policies, procedures and service standards for the Front Desk Team.
- Recommend changes or enhancements to services and operations and/or identify opportunities to develop strategic alliances or service partnerships.
- Providing direction, support and/or coaching to team members or directly taking ownership if required of any escalated issues.
Service Provider, Relationship Management
- Identifying service gaps or opportunities.
- Evaluating potential partners and providers for value and fit.
- Scoping agreements.
- Supporting the team to implement agreements and services.
- Overseeing the monitoring of performance and relationship development.
- Facilitating the resolution of escalated issues where required.
Reservations Systems Performance
- Maintaining own system knowledge and proficiency.
- System training.
- Providing feedback on system performance and identifying and referring issues and/or reports for further development.
- Plan for shifts by reviewing reports and emails, and assigning task to staff.
- Update operating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Train staff to meet operational need.
- Monitor the team's performance, acknowledging achievement, recommending improvement and disciplining where necessary.
- Update operation logs and conduct handovers, team briefings and meetings.
- Report on all major issues or occupational health and safety matters, major guest complaints/issues and significant damage or breakages.
- Ensure all cash handling, money exchanges and monetary transactions are carried out accurately and securely.
- Ensure the Front Desk Team attracts, selects and trains appropriately skilled employees.
- Assist the Hotel Manager to develop plans by reviewing post seasonal performance and feedback.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bilingual: English and Japanese speaking (required) and written (desirable).
- International drivers license with a safe driving record.
- Skills and experience in operational planning and forecasting.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills that support resolution of issues and development processes and/or procedures.
- Successful implementation of business process and service improvements that deliver enhanced services and organisational profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and optimise the performance of individuals and teams through the effective communication of objectives and expectations, provision of effective feedback, discipline and recognition and coaching for enhanced performance.
- Superior relationship management skills to develop new, and maintain existing, owner, supplier and tenant relationships and ensure delivery of services in accordance with contracts.
- Cash handling skills for the accurately processing of cash float as required.
- IT knowledge.
- Tertiary qualifications or commensurate relevant industry experience in hospitality and/or management.
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: Ongoing full time year round
Contract Value: ¥4,500,000 to ¥5,100,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Extra day off when working public holidays