Spa ManagerApply Now
Niseko Resort is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with. If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
As Spa Manager you are responsible for the overall management of the Spa operation. You ensure that the Spa is consistently operating to the highest standards and at maximum profitability. You take time to ensure that all members of the Spa team consistently deliver high quality service to guests and that the team are fully and regularly trained in the spa treatments, products and the latest promotions.
Ryko Spa Philosophy
Ryko Spa is a healing sanctuary for the restoration of wellbeing. The Spa provides a time to relax, repair, revive and reconnect with your deepest self.
“Your body is precious. It is a vehicle for achieving your highest ideal. Treat it with care".
Spas are antidotes for the modern world's tendency towards striving. Relaxation is the key to health. All that you need to be healthy and well is inside you. But we obstruct that inner medicine with our constant striving. At Ryko Spa, we let go of those obstructions so that our inner medicine can flow.
- Manage and supervise all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the Spa.
- Supervise the Spa Therapists and the treatments provided within the Spa.
- Ensure and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Interact with guests in a professional and effective manner.
- Lead a team of therapists showing both responsiveness to business needs as well as empathy for therapists/staff.
- Handle guest problems and complaints.
- Find creative solutions to drive revenue.
- Comprehend budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manage supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintain cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Understand the impact of department's orientation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strive to improve service performance.
- Ensure that the spa orientation follows SOP guidelines.
- Provide usage reports on therapy services.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationship within employees and ensure employees do the same within the team.
- Regularly review policies and procedures relating to the spa taking action to formulate and propose improvements.
- Assist with recruitment of Spa staff as necessary.
- Ensure that the employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Spa facilities policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees adhere to the established standards of hygiene and grooming.
- Language skills (English, Japanese, Mandarin and other language skills desirable).
- Ability to take part in the local community, be respected and trusted by community stakeholders
Desirable Knowledge and Skill
Below are some of the things that we would find desirable in your application, though if none of this applies to you, you might still be the right person for us!
- Previous experience in management of a 5-star Spa.
- You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Bachelors Degree in Business and/or Hospitality Management would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Confident Communicator with the ability to build strong relationships with custmers.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good management, financial and administration skills, including computer literacy.
- Pleasant, presentable and passionate about guest service.
- In depth knowledge of Spa treatments, procedures and operations.
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Base Annual Salary: 3.5 to 4.5 million yen (including lift pass), depending on experience and language abilities.
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5 x 8 hour shifts, shift times vary by season)
Starting Date: Negotiable
Staff Accommodation: available
Note：Please include a photograph of yourself with your resume