Kumo Restaurant Service StaffApply Now
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for experienced and driven Service Staff to deliver professional and friendly service to our guest at Kumo.
HTM, the largest management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for an experienced and driven food service professional to work as either Kumo Chef de Partie or Cook, ensuring the delivery of service at Skye Niseko's Restaurant, Kumo. The delivery of a successful daily service is vital to delivering exceptional overall experience the guests that stay at Skye Niseko.
Skye Niseko, is a full-service, ski-in ski-out, condominium hotel in the premier location in the resort. Opened winter 2018, the hotel comprises 105 apartments and penthouses complemented by stunning mountain vistas, situated by the ski-slopes at the top of Hirafu Village. Skye Niseko houses both Kumo Restaurant and Skye Niseko's Deli. Offsite in Kutchan FoodWork (our production kitchen) delivers some of Kumo's catering needs and catering to some of HTM's other brands (such as lunches for GoSnow's children's lessons).
Kumo Restaurant serves Japanese soul-food by day, and is a dazzling Hokkaido izakaya by night. Kumo Restaurant is grounded on signature Hokkaido ingredients like legendary Rusutsu Pork and seafood from the coastal waters of Otaru and Hakodate. With 190 seats, daily happy hour specials and a Tatami room for private dining, Kumo Restaurant is Niseko's place to eat, drink and enjoy.
The successful applicant will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue HTM's position as market leader in Niseko.
Start date: Summer, 2019
- Acknowledgement and greeting of each guest
- Anticipation of guest needs
- Table service and order taking
- Maintaining up to date menu knowledge and provide concept explanations to guest
- Communicate with kitchen on guest orders
- Expediting orders to each table
- Bussing & Table cleaning
- Keeping aware of any guest allergies or requests
- POS & register use
- Resolve guest complaints with management
- Upkeep of personal hygiene & cleanliness
- Barista style coffee preparation and service may be required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Team-worker with ability to work under high pressure business hours
- Fluent English or Native Japanese with basic English
- Punctual individual
- Experience working as service staff
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Shows high levels attention to detail
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: on going
Employment Status: Full time year round
Contract Value: ¥2,800,000 to ¥3,400,000 (including public holiday payments and ¥100,000 for lift pass)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5 x 8 hour shifts, shift times vary by season)
Starting Date: Summer, 2019
Staff Accommodation: available