HTM - Staff Accommodation Manager: ¥4.0 - 4.6m
HTM, the largest independent property management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for a Staff Accommodation Manager to lead the management of the accommodations we provide to our seasonal staff and some full-time staff.
We are one of the largest employers of seasonal staff in Niseko with 450+ seasonal staff expected for the winter season. We provide subsidised accommodation to those staff who require it.
The Staff Accommodation Manager position manages the HR requirements for all our international staff and looks after the accommodations and transport to ensure all staff have a happy and comfortable home life.
Start Date: April 2023 (flexible)
Manage the set-up, provision and maintenance of staff accommodation along with leading the recruitment process and HR requirements for our international team. Occasional out of office work, including room setup, inspection, call out attendance and minor maintenance will be required.
- Monitor the staff accommodation income and expenses, create budgets for the oncoming years.
- Administer property improvements, liaise with owners for permissions or cost coverage as required.
- Prepare housing (set up, fit out and allocation) for the arrival of new staff as required.
- Communicate to managers and incoming staff regarding rules, regulations, and other issues.
- Prepare induction for all residents of Staff Accommodation.
- Onboard all international staff ensuring required documentation and details are gathered.
- Help with other duties required in HTM when available including year-round international HR requirements.
- Undertake minor maintenance duties and manage Staff Accommodation Team members regarding maintenance tasks. Approve and manage quotes or external contractors.
- Perform regular inspections of accommodation common areas and rooms and enforce cleaning rosters for all accommodations if required.
- Monitor and restock supplies for all accommodations, calculate expenses.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure that staff rent is charged as per lease agreements.
- Meditate disputes between staff and reprimand staff who break the staff accommodation rules, charge damages to staff when required.
- Liaise with Residential Managers to support the running of their houses including monitoring snow clearing and rubbish requirements.
- Communicate to staff accommodation residents any changes or issues that affect their living situation.
- On departure, ensure all keys received and final inspections performed, give approval for returning of staff accommodation bonds. Liaise with managers in case of uniform charges.
- Arrange and prepare return of leased accommodations when required.
- Arrange clearing and cleaning of the accommodations, ensure minimal utility costs while shutting down seasonal accommodation. Liaise with external companies for summer rental of the accommodation, prepare as required.
- Organise the staff accommodation shuttle roster and timetable to make sure winter international staff get to work on time.
- Supervise the Drivers in the allocation of their non-driving duties.
- Supervise the Staff Accommodation Assistants and Residential Managers in the daily and weekly duties, including setting their weekly roster.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Fluent English speaking essential, some Japanese language ability desirable.
- International or Japanese driving licence.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail.
- Well-developed written communication skills that facilitate clear and accurate information passed onto staff.
- Experience managing people with a strong nature to deal with any problems that might occur.
- Experience working in Human Resources, including in Staff Accommodation, conflict resolution and recruitment desirable.
- Passionate about staff and delivering a great experience to those coming to work for us.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks and problem solve.
- Computer operating skills: Microsoft Office Suite.
Employment Package Details
Employment Status: Ongoing contract with visa sponsorship available
Contract Value: ¥4,000,000 to ¥4,600,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy