Staff Accommodation SupportApply Now
HTM, the largest independent property management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for Staff Accommodation Support staff to help look after the accommodations we provide to our seasonal staff.
HTM is one of the largest employers of seasonal staff in Niseko; expected to be around 500+ people next winter season. We provide subsidized accommodation to those staff who require it.
The Staff Accommodation Support position helps manage the accommodations and transport for staff to ensure all staff have a happy and comfortable home life, and transport to get to work and the slopes on time!
Start Date: Negotiable
The roles duties will include:
- Assist in Allocating rooms to staff based on business need and staff preference
- Assist as required in the securing of new accommodation
- Prepare housing (set up and fit out) for the arrival of new staff as required
- Sign-out keys for new staff at the beginning of the season
- Communicate to managers and incoming seasonal staff regarding rules, regulations, and other issues.
- Help with other duties required in HTM when available
- Help mediate disputes between staff and reprimand staff who break the staff accommodation rules
- Undertake minor maintenance duties and liaise with the Maintenance team regarding larger issues
- Support the transport schedule for staff living in Kutchan, help Staff Accommodation Drivers, and undertake some driving duties
- Create and enforce cleaning rosters for all accommodations if required
- Monitor snow build-up around the accommodations
- Perform regular inspections of accommodation common areas and rooms
- Monitor and restock supplies for all accommodations (washing detergent, toilet paper, linen, etc)
- Liaise with payroll to ensure that staff rent is charged as per lease agreements
- Receive keys and perform final inspections at the end of the season, give approval for returning of staff accommodation bonds
- Arrange and prepare return of leased accommodations
- Organize staff accommodation for staff staying on for the summer
- Support the HR team in recruitment and associated tasks
- Support the maintenance team in the repair of staff accommodation through summer
- Prepare for fit-out of new accommodations built or purchased in summer
- English speaking essential, some Japanese desirable
- International or Japanese driving license
- Well organized with a high attention to detail
- Well-developed written communication skills that facilitate clear and accurate information passed onto staff
- Experience managing people/a strong nature, to deal with any problems that might occur
- Passionate about staff and delivering a great experience to those coming to work for us
- Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Computer operating skills: Microsoft Office Suite (essential)
Employment Status: 12 months’ full time contract (there will be the opportunity to change to a permanent contract after 12 months)
Base Annual Salary: 2.5 - 3.2 million yen, depending on experience and language abilities.
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5x 8 hour shifts). Some additional tasks may be required on days off
Staff Accommodation: available
To apply, please use the "Apply Now" button and please send in a photograph of yourself