IT SupportApply Now
Niseko Resort is thriving international alpine destination.
Famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet set clientele it is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, and spending your days off making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community.
We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and all who we work with.
We are looking for a passionate IT professional to become an important part of our team. Junior and experienced applicants are all welcome - any applicant with the required skill base and enthusiasm to learn will be favorably considered.
Business level Japanese is essential for many aspects of the role. HTM offers support for both Japanese language and IT related studies.
HTM encourages a healthy work-life balance in a beautiful mountain location - BBQ in the summer and ski in the winter!
If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world we would love to hear from you.
Main responsibilities include;
1. IT systems operation management
- Helpdesk support for PC, Windows, software, network, printers, etc.
- Building and configuring PCs
- User account management
- Communicating with 3rd party help desks in case of system trouble.
2. IT support for holiday guests
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues
- Simple IT troubleshooting support for guests
3. Supplier communication and management
- Arrangement with suppliers for phone and internet plans
- Sourcing of new IT equipment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic knowledge of IT, Networking, TCP/IP and Windows 10 Troubleshooting.
- Customer service skills to empathetically respond to end user inquiries and issues. A positive, flexible, hard-working attitude required.
- Communication skills to effectively relay technical concepts to telecommunication providers with diverse levels of knowledge and understanding.
- Motivation to learn (see below!)
- Business-level written and spoken Japanese. English conversational level (desired).
- Regular driving license.
What you can learn
- VBScript, C#, PowerShell, GAS, and SOE image creation/deployment.
- Configuration and management of Unix/Windows servers, firewalls, VPN, routers, AP's and switches.
- Server virtualization, administration.
- VOIP phone system configuration/deployment.
- Monitoring solutions for servers and Routers/AP.
- VPN configurations and management.
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: Year round
Employment Status: Permanent
Expected salary: 3.0 - 3.5 million yen, depending on experience.
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (5x 8 hour shifts)
- Staff accommodation available for rent
- Free ski or snowboard lessons
- Visa sponsorship
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy
- Professional work environment
Note: Please include a photograph of yourself with your resume