YamaSport Rentals Manager: ¥6.0 - 7.0m
Niseko Resort is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with.
If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
Located in Skye Niseko and Landmark View Hotel, YamaSport provides superior service and quality rental equipment to both direct and HTM hotel Guests. The YamaSport Manager position is a chance to build on the success of last winter with the support of HTM to drive a truly world class service.
HTM's portfolio of brands includes Skye Niseko, Niseko Central, Ki Niseko, GoSnow, YamaSport, Kumo Restaurant, An Dining and SkyExpress.
Start Date: July 2023 (flexible)
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of the business operations of YamaSport to consolidate and build on market position and reputation.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of winter seasonal rentals staff.
- Oversee the implementation, communication and monitoring of departmental operating plans, key performance indicators, systems, policies, procedures and service standards for the Rentals & Ski Valet Team.
- Ordering of retail stock to sell in YamaSport stores. Merchandising of retail displays.
- Oversee a driving team to ensure shops are fully stocked, and rental guests are collected for fit out and dropped off after fit out.
- Rental stock rotation and maintenance to optimise equipment return on investment.
- Rental software system knowledge and maintenance, including database management.
- Regular stock taking and reporting of rental equipment and retail product stock on hand levels.
- Annual review of rental pricing structure.
- Oversee external booking agent systems, including agent contracts, and maintenance of RoomBoss booking system.
Budget and Planning
- Budget is agreed with the General Manager and monitored regularly.
- Staffing and resources for the winter season are agreed upon and quality seasonal candidates are recruited in line with HTM's core values.
- Liaising with other HTM departments to ensure a professional and smooth running of the business along with adding value to hotel Guest stays.
- Ensure all reporting functions are carried out, including daily duty shift report and weekly sales results.
- Operational costs are budgeted accurately and where possible costs are under target.
- Instilling a culture of exceptional customer service throughout the department by personal example and appropriate staff training.
- Customer satisfaction is measured through regular feedback.
- Timely and effective resolution of negative feedback or escalated customer service issues.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience managing seasonal staff.
- Experience in dealing with a high-paced business and proven ability to react quickly and appropriately under pressure.
- Able to prioritise and organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines.
- Demonstrates high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite (essential), reservations systems experience (preferred).
- Experience and proven track record of high customer satisfaction.
- Leadership or management experience in an operational role.
- Ski & Snowboard Rentals or other snowsports/hospitality experience (preferred).
- Technical knowledge of the latest trends in ski/snowboard equipment as well as equipment maintenance and upkeep (preferred).
- Ability to live, work and drive in Japan.
Employment Package Details
Employment Status: Ongoing contract with visa sponsorship available
Contract Value: ¥6,000,000 to ¥7,000,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy