Guest Services Jobs HR


Frequency asked questions about working in Niseko

Please find below some answers to some Frequently asked questions about working the winter season in Niseko. For any questions for full time, or summer seasonal work, please email our team directly on [email protected].

Will I get a lift pass?

Yes, all of our winter seasonal roles come with a Grand Hirafu, Hanazono lift pass. You have the option to upgrade to an all-mountain lift pass for a fee.

When do seasonal applications open and close?

Our recruitment period for winter seasonal positions is usually from Mid-May - September each year.

Do you provide accommodation?

Yes, we have a range of subsidised staff accommodation available in both Hirafu, and Kutchan.

Do I need to be able to speak Japanese to apply?

This is dependent on the role you are applying for, but for most of our winter seasonal work you do not need to speak Japanese.

Niseko is an international resort that sees many international visitors from all over the world in Winter. You will find English spoken more than Japanese in Hirafu village in the winter, but if you go 10 minutes down the road you are back in the Japanese countryside. It is respectful to know a few words of Japanese when you are communicating and we encourage you to learn the basics.

When does the ski resort open and close?

Niseko is lucky to have one of the longest seasons in all of the country. Niseko United usually opens late November, and remains open until the first week of May (snow/weather dependent).

How do I obtain a Working Holiday Visa?

For those staff eligible for a working holiday visa (WHV) this will need to be organised in advance at your local Japanese embassy or consulate. For information on WHV eligibility, please see here.

Do you provide training?

Yes, for all roles we have a mandatory (paid) training period of around 1-2 weeks (depending on the role).

Will I need to organise travel insurance in advance?

While you will be covered for accident and injury while at work, all staff must have adequate travel insurance to cover you in your free time, especially snow sports cover. This is best to organise from your home country before leaving.

Stay connected

Sign up to receive notifications of exciting new opportunities in Niseko from the HTM Careers Team