HTM - Graduate Position
Niseko Resort is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele. HTM is a market-leader for delivering Niseko holidays to Guests through our portfolio of brands including Skye Niseko, Niseko Central, Ki Niseko, GoSnow, YamaSport, Kumo Restaurant, An Dining and SkyExpress.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with.
If you want to be part of a hardworking, market-leading team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
Start date: April 2023 (flexible)
Delivery of service - The Graduate Position will be rotated around 4 different departments within HTM. In each department, it is the Graduate’s responsibility to facilitate the delivery of that department’s service. This may be done through the completion of various activates within that department.
Development of Knowledge - The Graduate Position will endeavor at every opportunity to broaden their knowledge of HTM, and the services each department delivers. They will seek knowledge both from their colleagues and from the systems and processes within each department.
HTM Team Support - Facilitate the maintenance of standards by covering additional shifts as required.
Support all HTM Departments by carrying out administrative tasks as directed.
Ensure an effective knowledge of HTM operations is maintained by reviewing shift logs and memos, transferring all necessary information from shift to shift and attending team briefings, meetings and training sessions.
Complete as necessary Incident reporting on all major issues or occupational health and safety matters and major guest complaints/issues.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Graduate of a Bachelor or higher level university course (making them eligible for sponsorship).
- A driver’s licence (valid for use in Japan).
- Business level Japanese and English language.
- Telephone manner and customer service skills to professionally and courteously respond to a culturally diverse range of customers.
- Knowledge of the facilities, services and tourist information in a resort setting, preferably including past experience in tourism/hospitality.
- Able to prioritise and organise work independently to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability accurately handle monetary transactions and administrative tasks.
- Ability to handle difficult queries and customers in a calm and positive manner.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite.
Employment Package Details
Employment Status: 2 year OR ongoing contract both with visa sponsorship available
Contract Value: ¥3,300,000 to ¥3,600,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season).
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy