HTM - International Reservations Consultant: ¥3.6 - 4.0m
HTM, the largest independent property management company in Niseko, Hokkaido is looking for a new international Reservations Consultant to join our Reservations team covering our portfolio of accommodations under the Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko brands.
Niseko is a thriving international alpine destination, famous worldwide for its snow, food and jet-set clientele.
This role is an amazing opportunity to grow your skills and experience, with days off spent making the most of the resort.
Our purpose is to make an ongoing contribution to the Niseko resort, our staff, our customers and the community. We value professionalism and honesty in everything we do and everyone we work with.
If you want to be part of a hardworking dynamic team in this special part of the world then we would love to hear from you.
The position supports the organisation to achieve accommodation sales targets through the provision of informed, accurate and friendly sales and service via the telephone and e-mail to direct enquirers, Travel Agents, and online channels.
Reservations and Sales:
- Deliver a professional standard of telephone and e-mail sales and service by responding to all inbound inquiries within agreed time frames.
- Issue comprehensive and accurate quotes to potential guests by understanding their needs and effectively matching them to HTM products.
- Maximise the conversion of agent and direct inquiries to sales by proactively making following-up and soliciting bookings.
- Ensure all holidays and accommodations are booked and confirmed in accordance with agent or guest requests.
- Facilitate the smooth arrival, check-in and co-ordination of all required accommodation and guest services bookings by providing Front Office with complete and accurate booking information.
- Help to increase holiday and accommodation bookings by providing input into the development of effective inbound sales and marketing scripts.
- Contribute to the development of holiday and accommodation packages and services through the provision of agent and guest feedback and requests.
- Deliver quality and efficient responses to enquirers’ by ensuring non-Reservations Consultant functions are referred to the appropriate department/team member for action.
Booking Input and System Monitoring
- Process and input bookings from third party sources such as Online Travel Agents (OTAs) and travel agents without agent portal access.
- Ensure that all bookings are accurately put into the system and monitor the system to ensure overbookings do not occur.
- Suggest and/or take on special projects as directed to improve processes, market presence or sales conversions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Previous experience and success in the travel or hospitality industry in a telephone based or face to face sales and service role (preferred).
- Professional, courteous and friendly telephone manner that supports the creation of positive impressions with all callers.
- Well-developed written communication skills that facilitate clear and accurate responses to queries and/or provision of quotes.
- Able to work as part of a team in order to effectively share and complete tasks and provide service coverage where required.
- Demonstrates high levels of accuracy to ensure holidays and services are booked correctly and that all relevant guest information is collected.
- Able to prioritise and organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines.
- Computer operating skills - Microsoft Office Suite (essential) with reservations systems experience (preferred).
- Detailed knowledge of HTM products and services.
Employment Package Details
Employment Status: Ongoing contract with visa sponsorship available
Contract Value: ¥3,600,000 to ¥4,000,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: average 40 hours per week (shift times vary by season)
- Time-in-lieu system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship
- Staff accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy