Winter Season - IT Support
Start Date: Mid-November 2023
Main responsibilities include;
1. IT systems operation management
- Helpdesk support for PC, Windows/Mac, software, network, printers, etc
- Building and configuring PCs/Macs
- User account management
- Communicating with 3rd party help desks in case of system trouble.
2. IT support for holiday guests
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues
- Simple IT troubleshooting support for guests
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic knowledge of IT, Networking, TCP/IP and Windows 10/MacOS Troubleshooting
- Customer service skills to empathetically respond to end user inquiries and issues. A positive, flexible, hard-working attitude required
- Communication skills to effectively relay technical concepts to telecommunication providers with diverse levels of knowledge and understanding
- Motivation to learn
- Japanese language skills an advantage
- Valid driving license for Japan or the ability to obtain an International Drivers Permit
What you can learn in this role
- PowerShell, Bash, GAS, and SOE image creation/deployment
- Configuration and management of Unix/Windows servers, firewalls, VPN, routers, AP's and switches
- Server virtualization, administration
- VOIP phone system configuration/deployment
- Monitoring solutions for servers and Routers/AP
- VPN configurations and management
- Google Workspace Management
- ¥1,500 - ¥1,700 per hour.
- 25% overtime allowance for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night allowance for work between 10pm and 5am.
- 16 Nov, 2023 - 5 Apr, 2024.
- Fully paid training at the start of the season.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season pass with an option of upgrading to All Mountain at an additional cost.
- If you do not need a pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥30,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in Hirafu or Kutchan starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to Kutchan Town for shopping.
Free Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Great for first-timers and beginners - free ski/snowboard group lessons with GoSnow (dependent on availability.)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.