Skye Niseko - Kumo Restaurant Head Chef: ¥6.0 - 7.0m
We are looking for an experienced and driven Head Chef to lead our restaurant team in our 220 seat Kumo Restaurant, located in Skye Niseko Hotel.
This role reports to Executive Chef and oversees all Back of House operations in Kumo for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The style is modern Japanese Izakaya, with a focus on local and high quality food using fresh produce sourced locally.
You will bring the knowledge, experience and drive to continue Kumo’s position as market leader in Niseko.
- Menu development and food planning and operation planning for the restauant
- Purchasing and receiving for Kumo Restaurant
- Recruitment, training and supervision of a busy and large kitchen team
- Oversee the kitchen on shift and assist staff in all kitchen stations
- Work closely with the team at our off-site production kitchen to do suitable prep work and food storage.
- Oversee cost control of operations
- Ensure food quality control and compliance with sanitation & safety requirements.
- Work closely with the F&B manager and Front of House manager to deliver customer delight
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Head Chef experience desired in small or large Japanese cuisine restaurant
- Language skills: Japanese native or English fluency with basic Japanese
- Cooking skills to a high standard
- Kitchen leadership, mentorship and supervision skills to a high standard
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Natural team-leader with proven experience solving problems in a team environment
- Understanding on how to successful operate a kitchen in order to deliver the required covers
- Ability to engage local community, supplier and relevant stakeholders.
- Shows high levels attention to detail and ability to organise work to achieve objectives and deadlines
Employment Package Details
Employment Period: Ongoing
Employment Status: Full time year round
Contract Value: ¥6,000,000 to ¥7,000,000
(The above remuneration will be divided by 14 and paid monthly with two annual bonuses.)
Location: Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan
Working Hours: Contract 40 hours per week, additional hours paid hourly
- Flexi-time system with paid overtime
- Health, social, and employment insurance
- Visa sponsorship if required
- Assistance with accommodation available
- Grand Hirafu season lift pass available at a discounted rate
- Free ski or snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Discounts on HTM services and businesses
- Access to language and work relevant training subsidy